Located in Carnarvon, Abacus is one of Australia’s most highly regarded and industry awarded seafood operators. Established 40 years ago by the Jecks family, Abacus is a vertically integrated fishing, processing and marketing operation that stringently subscribes to world’s best practice for catch quota management, sustainability, environmental protection and crab pot design innovation.
The five pillars of the Abacus Crab operation include:
- sustainable fishing practices
- total use of landed catch
- water to plate chain of custody
- value adding product development
- consistent and reliable supply